For a long time I've been looking for a chicken salad with ingredients at hand and also suitable for my low-carb diet. This combination drew my attention from the first time. It has all the components we like, nothing too sophisticated, it is hearty and also fresh because of the pickles. You can simply mix all the ingredients, as with any classic salad, but it can also be arranged in layers as you can see below - it's delicious both ways and it's loved by adults and children alike.
If you also make homemade mayonnaise from good ingredients (like Keto Mayonnaise), it will be perfect as a filling meal to pack or as a guilt-free festive dish.
Follow us on social networks! Don't miss new recipes and other news!
Cook the diced onion in oil in a frying pan.
When it starts to brown, add the canned mushrooms, well drained.
Stir and cook until the mushrooms begin to brown.
Season with salt and pepper, mix, turn off the heat and allow to cool.
Boil and cool the chicken breast.
I made homemade chicken pastrami - you can find the recipe here.
Grate the pickled cucumbers on the medium side of the grater, if they are smaller, you can use even 10 cucumbers.
Now we start assembling the salad:
- On a large flat plate arrange the cooked mushrooms, spread into an even layer.
- Spread over the chicken cut into small or medium-sized pieces, as you prefer.
- Grease the chicken with mayonnaise.
- Next comes a layer of pickles, drained in advance.
Grease again with mayonnaise.
I also like put (it's optional) a few slices of pickled onion, according to the recipe here.
- Smooth out this last layer of pickles and mayonnaise with a spoon.
- And now finely grate the cheese right above the salad - so that this layer is as fluffy as possible and it looks like the first snow :)
Make sure that the whole surface is completely covered.
Refrigerate the salad for 1-2 hours for the flavours to blend, then serve.
It keeps well for up to 5 days in the fridge, so you can make it in advance for the festive meals.
No comments yet. Be the first to post one!
In order to make our website work, we store personal information, use browser cookies, show personalized ads and integrate with third-party data processors.