plus 10 tbsp
soft, at room temperature
Step by step
We prepare the cake top which will consist of 2 layers - one white, with coconut and another brown with cocoa.
So the white layer:
- In a bowl put 6 egg whites (keep the yolks for cream)
- Beat them hard, then add 6 tablespoons of sugar one by one.
- Add coconut and 5 tablespoons of flour, mix lightly.
- Pour the dough into an oven tray, spread with baking paper (I used a rectangular one of about 30x20 cm).
- Spread well and level on the whole tray.
Now we make the brown layer :
- In a bowl beat 4 egg whites with 4 tablespoons of sugar
- Add 4 tablespoons of flour, baking powder and 2 tablespoons of cocoa - mix lightly.
- This dough is poured over the one in the tray, leveled and spread on the whole surface.
This 2-dough top is baked over medium heat (180 degrees) for about 35 minutes, until it passes the toothpick test.
Allow to cool well.
In a metal bowl / bottle or saucepan put the 6 yolks above, 150 grams of sugar and 5 tablespoons of milk.
Put the bowl on the steam bath and stir periodically until the composition thickens a little.
When it is ready, set it aside and let it cool well.
Beat the soft butter (200g) with the mixer and add a little of the steamed egg yolk composition. Gradually add 1-2 tablespoons, so as not to cut the composition.
This is what the final product looks like, after I incorporated everything.
I recommend topping the top with a little syrup prepared from water, sugar, vanilla, coffee, etc. Put the cream over the cooled countertop, spread and level well.
Put it in the fridge or cold - during this time prepare the glaze:
- Melt in a saucepan the dark chocolate, 2 tablespoons of milk and 50g of butter - mix well and after they melt and incorporate all, let cool well.
Pour the glaze just warm (be careful, if it is too hot, it will melt the butter and spoil the cream a little).
Level and cool.
Let it penetrate well for a few hours, then portion and enjoy.